Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Friday 13 March 2015

Mini Easter Milk Cartons

Where is this year going - I cannot believe that we are already approaching April and Easter!  It doesn't seem 5 mins ago that it was Christmas.  I am glad the Winter is behind us now although it is still abit wet and chilly.  The mornings and nights are getting lighter as well which is great!

I love making boxes but just don't get enough times when I need them!  I had seen some tiny little milk carton boxes on Pootles Blog and thought they we lovely.  Sadly they were alittle too small for what I wanted but fear not as Sam, the lady behind Pootles had other sizes on her blog to make.  I used this one for the size but copied the idea of having round cutouts on each side from the tiny milk carton tutorial.  Both tutorials have videos to go with them.  Pop along to Sam's blog for more info!

Back to the ones I made.  I wanted to put little eggs in mine and they were just right for the mini milk carton.  I used a 1 inch circle punch for the cutouts but this meant that my eggs fell out as they were smaller so I punched out 4 squares of acetate that were alittle bigger than the circle hole and stuck them on the inside of each side panel.





To decorate, I made a little chick from the Stampin Up! Build a Bird punch.  I trimmed the tail of the bird to make it look more like a chick.  I then stuck it on the little peg.  I also punched out a few flowers and stuck these either side of the circle cutout at the front of the carton.






I filled them up with some solid chocolate eggs that I bought in Lidl. They are on offer at the moment so were 2 packs for £2.  Each pack is 200g and you get loads of little eggs in bag.  the foils were nice colours as well - turquoise, pink, green and gold.





The above photo was obviously after I had taken out the blue and majority of the pink ones!!  I tasted them to see how they conmpared to Cadburys and to be honest I probably would not know the difference!

10 eggs fitted nicely into the milk cartons though you could fit more in if you wanted to.


Hope you like these as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!