Bumble Bee's Craft Den

I enjoy crafting and like to try my hand at different things. If there is anything that you see on here that you would like made, please feel free to contact me bumblebeescraftden@gmail.com or by going to my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/bumblebeescraftden. You can post on the wall or send me a message there. I appreciate any comments that people leave so please feel free to comment!!!

Monday 20 May 2013

Shabby Chic Fabric Flower Necklace

Hi everyone, with the weather improving and summer finally looking like it's a possibility, I have been busy making fabric flowers and hair accessories.

There are so many different types of fabric flowers around and I have been experimenting with many of them!

I made this one from unbleached muslin fabric and made it by stitching the muslin to some tulle net fabric.  I frayed it to give it a shabby look and then I was looking on Pinterest and came across this tutorial and decided to have a go at it.  I've never used fabric flowers on jewellery before although I've seen many beautiful examples.

The tutorial is really easy to follow and very nicely explained.  Here is my finished necklace.






I am quite pleased with this first attempt and the colours are very neutral so will go with alot of clothes that I have.

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Found this post interesting??? I'd love to read your comments!!!